Wednesday 6 February 2008

And beyond

So, my felllow beautious juice feasters. . . I have joined the world of masticating fibrous chunks of whole (raw) foods. A bit like starting the juice feast, it wasn't a decision I consciously made. I "fell" into the juicy world with no real idea what I was doing, where it would take me. For sure it has surpassed any possible pre-conceived notion of what it could bring, most importantly such a supportive and inspiring group of bloggers to whom I give a generous portion of gratitude to for inspiring me along the way.

Why did I stop? An extreme vata condition, an arctic chill arriving in London, my blood choosing to stop circulating, no central heating where I live, a disintegrating body weight, serious struggles with elimination (nothing, no matter how many enemas or herbs I took - strange!) and bang, you have someone prone to extremes (I must, I must, I must commune with the universe at all times no matter what the cost.... ;) ) chomping down a packet of cashews and an avocado. Blurgh!!!

Time for a spot of homeostasis. With a history of parasites (3 years on the road ;) ), colitis and liver failure my body is still very sensitive and I think it can only take so much detox at a time. I have a feeling I could have colonics for a month before I get rid of what 20 days of juicing stirred up.

My body is also currently trying to release a cellular memory of fear. My time in India ended with me collapsed in a hut on the beach unable to move for 6 months while I drooled on the pillow, turned yellow and was plagued with nightmares and visions every night. This is something I also give thanks to the universe for every day, I released a LOT during this time (there is a slightly lengthier version of this story which maybe one day I will tell...), but it was extreme and I only just made it back to London in one piece.

Right now, I am now feeling incredibly calm and very much enjoying the experiment of incorporating food back into my diet. No cashews since the first day, just salad, a looot of spirulina and occasional avocados. Nothing was quite the same after the ayuhasca, it was as though I really didn't need to carry on with the fast and to do so was just not listening to my body. Right now I feel the need to develop a relationship of grace with what I put into my body; to live in a constant state of grace and receptivity.

Nothing is the same after the feast, the magic of which will be felt for a looong time. I will never be able to stop the roaring tidal wave that dictates my daily life in my quest to redefine our expectations of reality. Foods, healers, yoga, colonics, meditation are all part of this magnetic mix. Once our hearts start being awakened to the divine, to the nature of our true essence it becomes harder and harder to ignore the overwhelming surge of support and the glorious surprises that will greet you at every turn.

The opportunity to share my sporadic thoughts with such a beautiful, courageous and soulful beings has been quite extraordinary. I hope to be in a position to blog more, once the practicalities of my life fall into place to allow me to dedicate all of my time to this dance with the universe. Something I have no doubt will happen.

So much love for now, and I look forward to hearing from you and sharing with you in the future.
Juicey Lucy (I have actually been called that for a few years, ho ho, only now does it resonate with slightly deeper meaning ;) )xx

5 comments:

Poppy said...

Beautiful Lucy, how courageous you are listening to you mind and body. I am glad to have met you though this feast feast and hope to continue reading your wonderful meditations on life as you continue your journey. Blessings, Poppu

B said...

It has been a pleasure wandering along this path with you Lucy. Your writing and thoughts, regardless of subject matter are wild and wonderful. Hope you will continue to share them...

Congrats on feast breaking!

xx Raw B

New Horizons! said...

young lady, the good bit has only just begun!! i am SOOO lucky to know you xox

Linda in the Raw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda in the Raw said...

Lucy, I've just read your blog and trip journal from start to finish. All I can say is WOW.

WOW. WOW. WOW